The benefit of using E+O as your property manager is that we are passionate about our clients building great property portfolios. A portfolio is great if tenants pay top rent and keep the property well, and you don’t ever think about the property except when you read in the paper that the value has probably increased and when you see the rent in your bank account.
In property management we keep your wealth goals in mind. You want to maximise yield, and that means keeping rents at the top end of what is achieveable. We negotiate for a living, so we love to negotiate when we rent a property – negotiate up that is. We also love to keep expenses to a minimum. You also want to protect and even increase the value of the property, and that means attending to the small things to prevent small problems becoming large ones and looking for opportunities to improve the dwelling so that you can increase the rent. For example, a new heat pump might cost $1,500 = $2p/w at a 7% interest rate – but you might be able to negotiate a $10 per week rent increase.
We do all the normal property management duties better, because of our passion for helping clients build and maintain great property portfolios. That’s what makes us unique.
Normal Duties Done Better
- Where possible try and run a tender amongst applicants when tenanting to achieve top rents
- Inspection 6 weeks after entry to identify any problems
- 6 monthly review of rents
- Photos at each quarterly inspection in order to prove any tenant caused damage
- No mould – we hate mould and we let the tenants know we won’t tolerate mould build up.
- We communicate rent arrears – if there is a problem we let you know and tell you what we are doing to fix it.
- Recommend opportunities to improve value and/or yield
Complimentary Portfolio Review
All our property management clients are offered a complimentary annual portfolio review with Director Alan Henderson, Chartered Accountant and Authorised Financial Advisor. Valued at $500. see the Plan section for more.